If you have come here from the main article about Trove classes, welcome, you‘re in the right place. If not, then this is a guide to the melee classes available in Trove, the free-to-play MMORPG from Trion Worlds.
The melee classes have a playstyle that consists of getting as close to the enemy as fast as possible, using weapons like swords, maces, and axes. The exception to this, however, is the Dracolyte, Tomb Raiser, and the Boomeranger. Read on for an in-depth guide to the melee classes.
The Knight is a hefty, heavily armored character that knows no fear. The Knight can survive some serious punishment from enemies, and shrug off damage while healing himself up in the process. The Knight is the one you want at the front, keeping the enemies at bay. His abilities specialize in getting up close and personal:
- Smash: Crush your enemies with your weapon of choice.
- Charge: Jump towards your foes to get right in their faces.
- Iron Will: This shields you from harm and heals you back up to continue fighting.
The Dracolyte is a fearsome master of magic and dragons. He slowly gets close to his enemies using fiery attacks and his pet dragon to deal damage. His ultimate ability allows him to turn into a dragon.
- Spit Fire: Your pet dragon flying nearby spits a fireball at enemies.
- Burnt Offering: Drop fiery bombs on the battlefield and trigger them with your attacks.
- Avatar of Flame: Transform into a fire-breathing dragon and torch your enemies.
The Neon Ninja is a pure damage dealer, and can’t take too much in return. He skirts around the edge of a fight, jumping in when there is an opportunity to deal some massive amounts of damage. He can remain unseen until the moment is right.
- Shadow Flip: backflip into stealth and vanish into the shadows to avoid your enemies.
- Stasis Blade: Lock your enemies in place so they have nowhere to run.
- Mark of Death: Imbue your weapon with deadly ninja techniques, making your weapon considerably stronger.
This mighty warrior has a taste for sweet things, and will stop at nothing to slay his foes, and eat ice cream. The Candy Barbarian has a wide variety of special attacks to deal with his enemies in a whirlwind of attacks and sugar.
- Vanilla Swirlwind: Spin around flailing your dual wielded weapons, doing damage to any nearby enemies.
- Sugar Crash: Jump into the air and rain terrifying candy as you smash into your target.
- Eis-Crom: Pray to the candy god Eis-Crom and he will throw an exploding cone of terror on your foes.
The Boomeranger is a jack of all trades. He can use his trusty boomerang from afar, or get involved in the action with a mighty blade. His skills make him one of the more versatile charcaters:
- Boomerang: deal damage with your boomerang, and if you catch it on its return, you reduce the cooldowns on your other abilities.
- Big Bomb: Throw a massive bomb from afar to deal with any groups of enemies.
- Mysterious Urn: You never know what you’re going to get with this move. The urn could contain healing properties, some explosives, or something completely random!
The Tomb Raiser is a master of all things undead. He reanimates minions and uses them to do his bidding. His basic attacks are enhanced by his ghouls, which are scary enough to send enemies fleeing.
- Bonetourage: Spawn a skeleton that fights alongside you until the job is done.
- Banshee’s Boon: This move heals you and your minions by channeling energy from enemies.
- Grave Golem: This move summons a giant Grave Golem that grows larger with the amount of skeletons that you sacrifice to spawn him.