If you have come here from the main article about Trove classes, welcome, you‘re in the right place. If not, then this is a guide to the ranged classes available in Trove, the free-to-play MMORPG from Trion Worlds.
These guys specialize in dealing as much damage as possible from afar using a range of abilities and weapons. You should be careful, because ranged classes are not designed to take lots of damage. See what you think:
The Gunslinger is the iconic Wild West gunner. Armed with duel revolvers and a cool hat, he uses skills to gun down and put holes in his enemies from a distance. He has three abilities that help him deal maximum damage, and avoid getting caught by his enemies:
- Charge Shot: This turns his pistols into plasma guns.
- Blast Jump: Jump away from your foes if they ever get too close.
- Run and Gun: Gain speed and firing speed in a flurry of bullets to cut down your enemy.
This magical master of illusion deals massive damage, while tricking and confusing the enemy about which is the real you. The Fae Trickster’s abilities center on illusion and magic damage:
- Glitterbomb: This drops an explosive ball of faerie dust that damages enemies.
- Blink: If you’re ever in danger you can teleport away to a safe spot.
- Faerie Dance: Place 3 clones of yourself to trick the enemy and distract them from the real danger.
The Ice Sage is a powerful ice mage that uses magic spells and icy abilities to keep her foes at bay. Freeze your enemies in place while dealing loads of damage.
- Ice Crash: Summon a huge icicle above your enemies, and watch as they are powerless to move out of the way.
- Frozen Ward: Protect yourself against an incoming attack with this icy barrier.
- The Big Chill: Cause a massive icy explosion that damages and freezes all enemies nearby.
The Shadow Hunter is an ancient hunter of evil, seeking it out and destroying it wherever it may be hiding using traps and a bow to hunt enemies down. No enemy can get away with the toolkit that the Shadow Hunter has:
- Radiant Arrow: This is an arrow that can pierce through walls and other enemies, so there’s no place to hide.
- Sun Snare: This is a trap that causes enemies to become confused and dazed for a short time.
- Arrow of the Goddess: This ability places a mark on all nearby enemies and causes a powerful Radiant Arrow to hunt them down.
This veteran of the high seas travels with a parrot on his shoulder and a cannon in his hand. The Pirate Captain uses explosives and his trusty avian friend to dispatch of his enemies:
- First Mate: Use your parrot and your cannon to fire a shot at the enemy.
- Pretend Pirate: Use a bilge rat with explosives strapped to its back to blow up unsuspecting foes.
- Man o’ War: A giant explosion that damages your enemies and knocks them flying.