What's the Catch?
Popular Race Examples
- Hardcore: This is your only chance. If your character dies, you're out!
- Solo: The name speaks for itself. Here, you have to fight on your own.
- Party: Grab your friends and rush through the competition alongside others.
- Turbo: Every opponent moves, casts and attacks 60% faster than usual.
- Multiproj: Minions with ranged attacks gain four additional projectiles.
- Blood Magic: Your skills cost hit points instead of mana.
- Famine: Your flasks can only be refilled by killing enemies, not by going back to town.
- Cutthroat: Other players can join your race to kill you and loot your non-gem gear.
- Ancestral: Enemy forces always summon a totem that you will have to deal with.
Each season usually runs for several weeks and features a wide array of different race types, some more complex than others. Keep an eye out for potions, gemstones or items that increase your run speed and keep in mind that you don’t have to clear everything in order to progress. The only thing that counts is your speed!
Source: Official forums, Game client (November 2013)