It’s now at the point where we can set our clocks to the champion release cycle from Riot Games. League of Legends players will soon have a brand new character to play with: Taliyah, the Stoneweaver.
Just as players have had enough time to get to fully understand Aurelian Sol, League of Legends fans have a brand new champion to get to grips with. Taliyah, the Stoneweaver is a brand new control mage in the MOBA, who uses the very earth beneath her feet as her weapon of choice. Her abilities use all kinds of creative ways of manipulating rock in order to deal damage to her foes and control the flow of battle.
Taliyah, the Stoneweaver
As a control mage, Taliyah specialises in keep her enemies exactly where she wants them using a range of different abilities, but it wouldn’t be a new champion from Riot Games without giving a new character a nice mix of mobility, damage, crowd control, and the ever-present knock-up. Despite all of this she doesn’t seem to be as overpowered as previous champions on release, but only time will tell how strong she is as she starts to see play on the PBE. Without any further ado, here’s the kit that you will be making use of when she hits the rift:
- Rock Surfing (Passive): Her passive move allows her to build movement speed and surf on her awesome rock-slab surfboard when near walls.
- Threaded Volley (Q): Taliyah moves faster over “worked ground”, and her active Q throws shards of rock at an enemy, while turning the area around her into “worked ground” for a few minutes.
- Seismic Shove (W): Taliyah marks a location, and then knocks up her enemy in a chosen direction if she casts the move again.
- Unraveled Earth (E): She throws boulders on the ground in a cone, which damage enemies, and then erupt after a few seconds.
- Weaver’s Wall (R): Taliyah sends out a huge wall of rock over a large distance. If she reactivates the ultimate while channelling she can ride across the wall to travel large distances quickly.
As you can see from the abilities, Taliyah has a really interesting kit to play with, and it will be great to see how players use her when doing battle on Summoners’ Rift.
As with any League of Legends news, as soon as we have any more information we will be sure to publish it and let you all know. Once we have some more in-depth information on Taliyah, we can begin to make some more accurate judgements about this brand new control mage in League of Legends.
Source: Official Riot Games Website